Meet the Staff
KRISTIN GAFFNEY, DO
Dr. Kristin Gaffney was born and raised in Ohio. She attended and graduated cum lade from Talladega College in Talladega, AL with a Bachelor of Arts in Biology. She went on to attend medical school at Virginia Tech’s Edward Via Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine. Upon graduation from medical school, she completed her Internal Medicine residency at Cleveland Clinic’s South Pointe Hospital, in Cleveland, Ohio. Dr. Gaffney did her Gastroenterology/Hepatology fellowship at Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas, TX.
Her interests include general gastroenterology, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, disease of the biliary tract, Hepatitis B/C, and fatty liver disease. Dr. Gaffney has many publications in various different journals, as few are listed below:
- Technical factors involved in the measurement of circulating microRNA biomarkers for the detection of colorectal neoplasia
Yamada A, Cox MA, Gaffney KA, Moreland A, Boland CR, Goel A.
PLoS One. 2014 Nov 18;9(11):e112481. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0112481. eCollection 2014.
- Comparison of the natural history of ulcerative colitis in African Americans and non-Hispanic Caucasians: a historical cohort study
Moore L, Gaffney K, Lopez R, Shen B.
Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2012 Apr;18(4):743-9. doi: 10.1002/ibd.21796. Epub 2011 Jun 17.
- Pyloric gland metaplasia and pouchitis in patients with ileal pouch-anal anastomoses
Kariv R, Plesec TP, Gaffney K, Lian L, Fazio VW, Remzi FH, Lopez R, Goldblum JR, Shen B.
Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2010 Apr;31(8):862-73. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2036.2010.04249.x. Epub 2010 Jan 27
Dr. Gaffney is an active member in the follow organizations:
- American College of Gastroenterology (ACG)
- American Gastroenterological Association (AGA)
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE)
- American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD)
- American College of Physicians (ACP)
- American Oseteopathic Association (AOA)
- Dr. Kristin Gaffney is boarded in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
In her spare time, Dr. Gaffney enjoys traveling, spending time with family, close friends and dog-sons, Rickie and Rockie. She also enjoys golfing and watching movies.